• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cat bite, rabies...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiguy2003

What is the name of your state?WI
long story short..daughter got bit-scratched by a cat..(not our cat)..didnt think anything of it..she was playing with it..cat gets sick and goes to the vet...vet gets rid of the body before a rabies check can be done... 2 weeks later I get a call from the health dept saying I have to get my daughter to the doctor for the rabies shots just in case...anyway..the vets insurance company payed for the shot and now wants to settle out of court for pain and suffering...I assume id be signing all rights off if i settle..is it like buyign a car..they shoot me a number and then I go back higher or just get a lawyer..

wiguy2003

true....i just want an Idea of a fair price..I assume if I get a lawyer and it goes to court the insurance company for the vet will pay all costs?

divgradcurl

wiguy2003 said:
true....i just want an Idea of a fair price..I assume if I get a lawyer and it goes to court the insurance company for the vet will pay all costs?
That is NOT a safe assumption.

wiguy2003

concern for the money..excuse me but this happened almost 1 1/2 years ago..If was I was so worried about money I could have settled a long time ago..and no..she doesnt have rabies...it can be up to 2 years..nobody really knows how long it can/could take..if at all, if the cat even had it..thats why the vet is guilty..he screwed up.

wiguy2003

stephenk..yes..she had the series of 5 shots..day 1,7,14,21,28 days..its best to get it soon after the bite..not weeks..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">