• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need a hardship license to drive to work.........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chaz

My drivers license was permanently taken in May of 96. I have heard that you can get a hardship license just for work, but have been told the laws have been changed and you cannot. Does anyone know if there are ANY exceptions at all to this rule or if anything is in the works to change it? I live in Florida,btw, and if I have to move, I will. Are there any other states that would give me a license? Any info would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

N

NYC

NEW YORK CITY WILL GIVE YOU A LICENSE BUT ONLY DURING NIRMAL BUSINEES HOURS CAN YOU DRIVE
GOOD LUCK

dewdrinker

same as you in florida.

my license runs out dec. 20 2006 for being a habitual offender, every one tells me that I have to wait a year before I can get a hardship license. well there goes my job, my house, and my wife, because she wouldn't want to end up homeless.so I just wanted to let you know that your not the only one that florida is screwing.

moburkes

my license runs out dec. 20 2006 for being a habitual offender, every one tells me that I have to wait a year before I can get a hardship license. well there goes my job, my house, and my wife, because she wouldn't want to end up homeless.so I just wanted to let you know that your not the only one that florida is screwing.
Dew: Did you notice that this post is from 1999? Do us all a favor, and keep your opinions to yourself. Maybe, you should lay off that dew!:eek:

dheff

I feel ya, I honestly have no idea what to do as well, I lost my drivers license for 6 months due to just a misdemeanor marijuana conviction, it is straight bull****, I got caught with a stem and seed of marijuana and I have not driven legally since 8/7/06. They will not allow to me get a hardship license so I had to quit my job and just now found a new job that I can somewhat bend with but its part time. Florida screwed me as I did nothing that have ever affected my driving until I was just randomly searched by a police officer in my vehicle. If anyone has any advice on what I could do please repost, thanks

moburkes

I feel ya, I honestly have no idea what to do as well, I lost my drivers license for 6 months due to just a misdemeanor marijuana conviction, it is straight bull****, I got caught with a stem and seed of marijuana and I have not driven legally since 8/7/06. They will not allow to me get a hardship license so I had to quit my job and just now found a new job that I can somewhat bend with but its part time. Florida screwed me as I did nothing that have ever affected my driving until I was just randomly searched by a police officer in my vehicle. If anyone has any advice on what I could do please repost, thanks
Proper etiquette requires that you start your own thread with your question. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">