• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turn signal violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DE

I recently received a ticket in North Carolina for not using my turn signal. I was pulling into a parking space on the right from my lane on a two lane road (the road does expand to three lanes, but not for a hundred yards or so). As I was turning, someone tried to pass me on the right and hit my car. The officer that issued the ticket was not present at the time, and issued a ticket for "by turning from a direct line when another vehicle was affected by such movement without giving the required hand or electrical signal of intention to make such movement" from what the other driver and myself told him.

I think it was crazy for me to get a ticket for not using my signal to turn into a parking space when I was being passed in two lanes of traffic. I plan to fight this and I could definitely use all the advice I could get. Any help anyone could give me would be great. Thanks in advance.

J

Joseph Jacobs

You lost me. If you were turning you should have put on a signal. But why was someone passing you on the right, unless you were in a left lane. How could they get in the right lane if you were there? If I can't understand the story, a judge won't either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">