• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cleaning up my past

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

denise

I have approximately 3 tickets in 3 seperate towns of New Jersey from 10 - 12 years ago. All for driving on the suspended list.

My license is suspended indefininately until these tickets are cleared up.
1) I have no records for any of these tickets
2) There are no warrants out for my arrest
3) What should I do outside of hiring a lawyer who will want $3000.00...anything?

I need help!!

E

Ex Ins Guy

Pay the tickets if it is cheaper than hiring a lawyer. Or ask your local State Legislative Representative for help.

D

denise

Thank you. Since it's not a matter of just paying the tickets (all three are driving on the suspended and might have jail time), I will contact my state legislature and ask for help. I didn't even know that was possible...thank you!

S

syllimon

Contact the courts where you supposedly committed these offenses. They should have a record somewhere. If they don't, then get a hearing from the DMV and tell them there is no record of these offenses and you want them deleted from your drivering record.

S

syllimon

I have also seen that you need not have had a ticket written in order for your liscense to have been suspended. If you were convicted of a moving violation while your privileges were suspended or revoked the DMV will post the "driving while suspended" offense to your driving record without even taking you to court. The only difference is that the municipality where the offense occurred will not profit monitarily.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">