• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Iowa Speeding ticket... Fight it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

track star

I live in Iowa, and I have had my license back for 11 months after it being suspended for a while... not long, a month or two.

I was pulled over yesterday for doing 69 in a 55, and a ticket was written for 65 in a 55.

My question is, should I fight the ticket, and say that I don't think it was a correct reading? I have a Cobra XRS-9300 radar detector, and it didnt beep once. The cop and I met just after an S curve, and I dont really think I was going 69... I could have been but I wasnt paying attention.

Any ideas?

Curt581

track star said:
I was pulled over yesterday for doing 69 in a 55, and a ticket was written for 65 in a 55.
In other words, the officer gave you a break.
My question is, should I fight the ticket, and say that I don't think it was a correct reading? I have a Cobra XRS-9300 radar detector, and it didnt beep once. The cop and I met just after an S curve, and I dont really think I was going 69... I could have been but I wasnt paying attention.
Think about what you're saying.

You think you were speeding, but don't know exactly how fast. You weren't paying attention.

The only purpose for having an expensive radar detector is to get warned when you're speeding. Using such a device shows prior intent. You intended to speed, and bought a detector to allow you to do so.

You know what the downside is to radar detectors?

They don't work too good... if the cop isn't using radar.

All that being said... What answer would you like to hear?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">