• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr old with 2 tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pj

My 16 yr old son just got his 2nd speeding ticket. We took the car away. We missed the first court date, although we were at the courthouse, because my husband picked him up late. We are going to one appt for both tickets. One incident involved a plain clothes police officer with an unmarked car. My son thought someone was following him, didnt know what to do and finally stopped at a busy restaurant. I dont know whether to get an attorney or not. My concern is that our insurance rates will go up, esp if his license is suspended. As stated previously, we are not letting him drive at all.We live in IL. Any advice? Thanks

M

MJC

Get an attorney. It may save you a few dollars on insurance. See about community service for him as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">