• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old traffic stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jrdeal

My 16 yr. old son was pulled over by an IN state cop for speeding. When he asked how fast he was going he was told around 60 m.p.h. but he hadn't clocked him. When my son was looking for the registration the cop saw a pack of cigaretts in the console and asked who's they were and he said my moms. The car is liscensed in my name. The officer got rude and told him not to lie and said let me smell your fingers. My son was very cooperative and answered yes sir no sir and when the officer smelled his fingers he got very irate and said I don't like being lied to and you've just lied to me. He started to hand cuff him, instead called another cop and sent my son to sit in his car with another cop watching him while the first cop searched my car. He told my son and don't steel my car or I'll have to shoot you. He's never been in any trouble ever and is a very good kid. He was ticketed for possesion of a tobacco product by a minor which is a $255.00 fine. Do you think this was a bit extreme and what chances would we have fighting it? He was issued a warning for speeding exceeding posted limit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">