• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Violation by Photo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drchu

I just received a Red Light Violation ticket in the mail. The red light was on for .3 seconds before I went through it. It was basically yellow, then i sped up, but no enough and it turned red before i crossed the line. This occurred at 2:30am and there were no other cars around. What are my options? The ticket is $271. I know I am technically guilty, but under these circumstances do I have any other options? Is it possible to get this fine reduced or something? I am a poor college student who needs money for school. This happened in Los Angeles.

M

Moe from MO

Hope the cop does not show up in court! You may be able to justify going thru the yellow (but in my state we are real tough on red light runners and nail them big-time). The 0.3 seconds would enable a car going 60 to travel 30 feet I believe.

If you show contrition and explain what happen (don't complain) and prove lack of money and first offense, the judge MAY be able to reduce the fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">