• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena for Business Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjmjjm

I am in CA, and I have received a package of documents (Notice of Taking Deposition - Records Only - No Appearance; Notice to Consumer or Employee and Objection; Proof of Service of Notice to Consumer or Employee and Objection; Deposition Subpoena for Production of Business Records; Proof of Service of Deposition Subpoena for Production of Business Records; Affidavit of Custodian of Records; Interrogatories to Custodian of Records...with Exhibits).

Within these documents I see signatures of only the Requesting Party and the Person who Served; there are no Court-affiliated signatures or stamps on these documents. Finally, the document entitled Proof of Service of Deposition Subpoena for Production of Business Records has no signature.

So, while I would like to assist the Requesting Party, I would not like to produce otherwise confidential information inappropriately. Does the Requesting Party have the right to demand information without a Court-affiliated directive/signature? And can I properly (ie, without liability) submit information when the Proof of Service document to me is without signature?

Last edited:

eeguy02

I also received one like those you have but don't know what to do, after reading it over so many times, now I think the page:"Proof of service of deposition bupoena for production of business records is the one you have to fill out and sign and send back with the required documents they ask for, it says on attachment

and there one page proof of service of objection to production of records, this one is about to file the objection so they can't seek your personal records. I am not good at this but I think i still need to contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">