• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with no license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jane

I have been in Michigan for a little over a year now, but I am originally from Kentucky. I came to MI with my fiance for school purposes. We will go back after his completion. The other day I was pulled over for speeding and all I have is a driving permit from KY. To make matters worse, I got scared and lied to the city officer by telling him I had forgotten my KY licenses at home. He wrote me up for those items and let me go. Now I am not sure what my next course of action should be. I have 3-14 days to produce my license and pay my fine. What should I do? Would it help if I obtain my license within the 14 day time frame? Or should I just admit my guilt to the court and hope for sympathy? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">