• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeal a traffic violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zrepb

I was convicted of "making an unsafe lane movement" and "littering" recently. The judge pretty much threw the book at me. The tickets were supposed to be for $110 each, but he ruled that I must pay $350 each - $700!!! The office offered no proof of either violation, and it was pretty much the officer saying, "yes he did" and me saying "no i didn't." How can I appeal these convictions and/or do something about the fines. I assumed since the officer's supervisor told me he video taped the whole thing, that the video would prove my innocence. However, the officer didn't have the violation on tape - only the stop. Anyway, the judge also said I had to pay a $1500 bond to appeal. At this point, what can an innocent party do not to have his flawless driving record or wallet tarnished?

S

simon

Like an decision by a judge you can appeal. I would definitely appeal this one! $1500! But get your self an attorney first. OK?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">