• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hek

I was pulled over in rush hour traffic for going 75 in a 55. The cop merged on to my lane from a lane that only vehicles going to the airport can use. I watched him merge right behind me. I was driving with traffic and didn't even look at my speedometer because I knew I was not speeding. He pulled me over and said that I was going 75. I said you must be crazy because there was no way I was going 75. He said do you know how fast you were going and I said no. He says "Well we'll just have to go back here and make something up then." I said I wanted to see the radar and he said he calibrated me. He was behind me for less than 3 seconds. Do I have a case?

C

Chad in Chicago

He has to prove it before the court. You can cross examine him. The trouble is that you do not know and he can lie. Also, read the traffic law section of FreeAdvice.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">