• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AzMojoMan

I was cited by the City for parking on a non-dust free lot owned by the city. There were no "no-parking" signs posted. There were other cars parked on this lot before I arrived that were still there after I left that did NOT get ticketed. These cars were not marked specially and had no permits displayed. I drive by this lot almost daily and there are usually vehicles parked there, and I have never noticed a ticket in their windshields. Because of this I thought it was OK, I had no idea this was against the law.

This is only a $50 ticket, I would like to fight it myself. Is there any precedent, or legal terms I can use to describe how I was unfairly singled out? I wouldn't have any problem with the ticket if they had ticketed everyone there, but when my car is singled out, I do have a problem.

I did take a picture of the scene and the other vehicles, but there will be no proof of when I took the pictures. Until it goes to court, I can take pictures of unticketed vehicles parked on the lot to further prove my case if it would help.

Do I have a valid reason to fight with? Don't the police have to be consistent and active (not selective) in enforcement?

ALawyer

Sounds like a loser. Unless your cop has illegally discriminated against you because of race, creed, color, etc. I can't see a prayer of success. But what the heck. if you go to court he has to explain it and you can ask him there.

PS If there are bigwigs cars and he onlyhits little guys, the papers may like the story.

PPS It is NOT illegal to discriminate on the grounds of Car Color, Make or Model.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">