• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony Returned?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alimonyal

What is the name of your state? South Carolina. About 6 years ago my ex wife and I separated. Because she claimed adultery, I had to pay about 1,500 per month in alimony. During our separation I got proof she was having an affair too. So the alimony stopped but I had paid her to-date over 9,000 dollars. Can I get that money back? :confused:

BelizeBreeze

Alimonyal said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina. About 6 years ago my ex wife and I separated. Because she claimed adultery, I had to pay about 1,500 per month in alimony. During our separation I got proof she was having an affair too. So the alimony stopped but I had paid her to-date over 9,000 dollars. Can I get that money back? :confused:
Yes, no and maybe. Did you file a complain of fraud with the court and take her ass back to trial?

BelizeBreeze

ANd have you asked him/her since?

No one here is going to tell you what will happen IF you decide to ask the judge to return your alimony. But I can tell you that yes, you CAN file.

But then again, so can she.

You're asking a question for which the answer depends on Knowing the judge, your ex, and how the initial determination of alimony was arrived at.

In other words, a question that an internet forum can't answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">