• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JON

I have just been stopped for speeding at 103 mph on a motorway, although my speedo only showed 95mph. What is the most likely outcome of the court case?

M

MOE from MO

TROUBLE....

Depends on your record and circumstances.

If you said 75 that's something else. But anyone going 95 or 103 should be thrown in jail -- it is reckless. Be grateful you didn't kill someone as it could be murder.

M

MJC

It depends on your driving record. It wouldn't hurt to get your speedometer checked and have a written record of how incorrect your car was.
You will most likely have a hefty fine or jail time. If you are lucky and have a good attitude, it may be community service.

D

daveyo

95 mph!!!!! Wow you go dude! Too bad a ****ing deer or moose didn't jump into your path while you were joyriding down the road.
I'd have paid to see the results of the ensuing collision. Slow down ***hole!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">