• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding while cop was driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Koensayr

What is the name of your state? Washington

I recently got a speeding ticket for going 74mph in a 55mph zone. I was only cited for 15mph over instead. He told me that he did calibrate his radar gun both before and after clocking me.
My question is since he was driving towards me at the time and didn't have any lights on at all, is this ticket still valid? I've heard in Washington State the police need to have their parking lights on whenever they're clocking people, day or night.

Any response or help with this would be greatly appreciated. Worst case scenario I'll get a deferment with this being my first ticket.

-Brandon

jity

Koensayr said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I recently got a speeding ticket for going 74mph in a 55mph zone. I was only cited for 15mph over instead. He told me that he did calibrate his radar gun both before and after clocking me.
My question is since he was driving towards me at the time and didn't have any lights on at all, is this ticket still valid? I've heard in Washington State the police need to have their parking lights on whenever they're clocking people, day or night.

Any response or help with this would be greatly appreciated. Worst case scenario I'll get a deferment with this being my first ticket.

-Brandon
I would try the deferment part first, if that fails, I would say he didn't have a billboard above his car saying he is a cop. And if that fails, I would blame it on calabration errors. Don't worry everything will be fine after you pay a FINE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">