• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI guilty do's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Andy

Heay, I was listening to the radio a few years ago and they read off some pointers to do if you get pulled over and YOU know you are going to fail any test that the officer gives you. Some of these were to be polite and refuse any field test he gives you. Ask to goto the station and do a breathalyzer there. With this time wasted, it would all you to wear some of alcohol from your breath. Also to make sure you call someone that would come to court for you and say "yeah when he called me he sounded perfectly sober." I am wondering where I could find out more on what to do, since I am in my early 20's and do alot of partying. Any info or links to info would be great. Thanks for any help, Andy

R

Roger R

Check out DUI / DWI on FreeAdvice.com.

BUT as personal matter, only a selfish asshole drinks and drives. You can kill yourself if you want, but risking killing or injuring other people is unforgiveable. And if you get pulled over and need a lawyer to defend you, it can cost $5,000-10,000, and there's no assurance you'd win. It would keep you from getting cheap insurance (auto and life) for years and years, etc.

A

Andy

With the legal limit so low, you can't drink a single beer and drive for hours afterwards with out being legally drunk. I know with my body weight and all I have a high tolerance to alcohol, but when pulled over the breathalyzer would read that I am drunk. Easy on the comments about others.

M

MJC

Find yourself a designated driver. Too many folks get killed by drunk drivers for judges to cut you slack.

C

Carl

It looks to me like you need to choose what's important- to live a free and happy life for a long time, or to go get drunk, get in a wreck and get busted for vehicular homicide only to spend 8-10 years in prison just because you wanted to get drunk. Good Grief! If you wanna get drunk, do it at home. If you get canned for DUI, I hope they weld the cell door shut.

D

daveyo

Party on dude! The best thing I ever tried was to chew on a mothball and swallow it! It sure doesn't taste great but man does it do a number on the old breathalyzer! Keep a bag in your glovebox...it keeps the car smelling fresh too! If you weigh more than 120lbs., I suggest at least two mothballs. Good luck!

L

Luha

A human liver metabolizes alcohol at about 1 oz per hour. The drive to the station house won't help you. The fumes that breathalyzers measure don't come from your mouth. They come from your lungs and are constantly replenished by your blood supply. Don't count on a short trip to bail you out.
Forget the mothballs. I'd rather go to jail than have ulcers and cancer. It's your body and life, pal, don't &^(* it up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">