• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time frome for traffic citations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

randikay

My now 17 year old daughter was involved in a traffic accident June 1, 1999. we were told by the Texas State Trooper, that she would most likely receive a citation for "Failure to yield right of way", buthe didn't give her one at the time.
Over the months, I called the Department of Public Safety, the Highway Patrold department, several times, to get this resolved, as the accident report showed "not complete".

This past week, 7 months after the fact, a citation came in the mail, just days after the same Trooper pulled me over for "not signalling a lane change".

It seems a little odd to me, that in 7 months, NOTHING.....and then, he saw me, or noticed the vehicle, and.....a ticket!

Is there a time frame that a citation must be given? 7 months just seems excessive to me.

thanks...

randi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">