• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The cop never signed the ticket among other issues!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JasonnR

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Thanks for reading/helping!

I obtained the ticket a couple of days ago!

Forget the fact that the ticket is for passing on the right. A total joke. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time! I didn't even go through white lines.

The cop was just looking for a reason to give out a ticket. For example, the first thing he did when I pulled over was look for a front plate!!

I was going to fight the offense when I realized the following on the ticket.

1. The traffic offense was never entered on my ticket. He left that whole area blank! He did enter all my info inclusing my Lic #, Time & Location of offense. I did call the court. They sent me a confirmation regarding the court date and there was a violation code of 39: 4-05

2. The ticket has an area that states the following:

The undersigned further states that there are just and reasonable grounds to believe that you committed the above offense and will file this complaint in this court charging you with that offense.

Where it asks for SIGNATURE OF COMPLAINING WHITNESS: Nothing! He never signed the ticket?

3. He never entered his Officer's ID number? It's not on the confirmation letter either?

4. He never entered the month,day & year!

The ticket was issued in my town.

Does anybody out there have any knowledge regarding this issue. It would be silly to take all sorts of photos and such regarding fighting the offense when I already won due to the cop not filling out the ticket correctly.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

JasonnR said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Thanks for reading/helping!

I obtained the ticket a couple of days ago!

Perfect crusing weather. I'm was going to the doctor with my girl friend.

Forget the fact that the ticket is for passing on the right. A total joke. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time! I didn't even go through white lines.

The cop was just looking for a reason to give out a ticket. For example, the first thing he did when I pulled over was look for a front plate!!

Please!!!
Completely irrelevant and useless information

I was going to fight the offence when I realized the following on the ticket.

JasonnR said:
1. The traffic offense was never entered on my ticket. He left that whole area blank! He did enter all my info inclusing my Lic #, Time & Location of offense. I did call the court. They sent me a confirmation regarding the court date and there was a violation code of 39: 4-05
Not grounds to dismiss.
JasonnR said:
I was told by the cop it's a 4 point ticket! He said he wouldn't fight the ticket when I asked about a lawyer. Then why issue the ticket in the first place? My girl couldn't believe I didn't get a warning.
This doesn't make sense. Try reading comprehension.
JasonnR said:
2. The ticket has an area that states the following:

The undersigned further states that there are just and reasonable grounds to believe that you committed the above offense and will file this complaint in this court charging you with that offense.

Where it asks for SIGNATURE OF COMPLAINING WHITNESS: Nothing! He never signed the ticket?
He will when you point this out to the judge and the judge asks him in court if he is the complaining witness, he answers 'yes sir' then the judge hands him the ticket to sign.
JasonnR said:
3. He never entered his Officer's ID number? It's not on the confirmation letter either? I'm sure they can find out who issued the ticket based on the ticket's number.
Then why even mention it?
JasonnR said:
4. He never entered the month,day,year although that is listed up top by the office date!
And again, why even mention it?
JasonnR said:
The ticket was issued in my town.
O.K. more useless information.
JasonnR said:
When I called, I was told I needed to come in on the date on the ticket. The lady couldn't tell me what would happen if the ticket wasn't signed. She did say that it should be signed.
And she is right. She can't, by law, tell you because she is not the judge who will hear the case.
JasonnR said:
Does anybody out there have any knowledge regarding this issue. It would be silly to take all sorts of photos and such regarding fighting the offense when I already won due to the cop not filling out the ticket correctly. Like signing it with ID of his bage number!
Take all the photos you want. The ticket won't get you out of going to court and I suspect, isn't grounds to have the charges dismissed.

But water HAS been turned to wine. Maybe it's time for another miracle. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">