• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

counterfeit checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tobis

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?i live in south africa but this issues concerns the USA, new york precisely.

two weeks ago a friend sent some document to me containing my medical practicing liecence. then askd me to help him forward some documents that he enclosed to , new york for him. i asked him whay he didi not send it directly, from Ghana to US but he said that he wanted to save cost. so i simply sent the documents wothout even opening them!

on monday this week, i recieved a letter from united states customs services informing me that the documents i sent to new york contained some counterfeit checks over 100,000usd.

i was given some options, one of which is to do nothing. but i want to write to them and state my case. :confused:

pls i need advice on the best option cos am not conversant with the law in the US, and am sure i will get the best advice, from this forum.

thank u so much. :confused:

Checks

US government is cracking down on financial crimes from Africa. I doubt anyone would believe your version of events. In this day and age, it is unwise to deliver packages for people, especially without knowing its contents. Everyone knows this. My question is: Why don't you know this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">