• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket by airplane clocking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toni

I was issued a speeding citation (75 in a 65), The state patrol officer flagged me as I was driving down the road and motioned me to the shoulder. He approached the car, asked for lic. and proof of ins., he then stated that I was being cited for speeding.
My question: How can a pilot(I looked up and could see it circling after I was pulled over)get an accurate reading if there is more than one car on the road?/is this done by counting or timing as I drive past some indication in the road and then they calculate the speed?/can I make a reasonable challenge if there was only one person flying,timing, and identifying cars to the police on the ground? Will asking for radar certification and/or training of the officers(s) involved help? Could I file a motion of discovery with the court for this info? At the first hearing, can I plead NG and challenge, or does this mean another trip back so the officer can be present to offer info to the court? I feel my minivan was misidentified with others on the road.
Do I have a chance in HEll?
Thanks from MN

M

Moe from MO

Got it -- they use markings on the road.

Yes you can fight it -- and as you were only 10 miles over (or did they cut you some slack) you might beat it. BUT your best shot is if the cop does not show.....

L

Luke

Yes, they use marks on the road. Go to court and plead not guilty. Both the ground cop and the pilot(s) will have to show in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">