• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complaint of speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jess

My neighbors just around the cornor from me have turned me in for supposedly speeding down our black top road. However, there is no posted speed limit, i do anywhere from 35-40 MPH. I don't see this as flying down the road. So what i would like to know is what will happen now that i've been turned in?

E

Erika831

If you're talking about a residential area, the speed limit is usually 25mph. It varies from area to area however. You have to ask yourself this, do the neighbors have small children? If so, they are probably in fear for their safety. Children like to dart out in front of cars when chasing toys. If you're going 35-40 in a residential area, you are going too fast. Just calling the cops to "turn you in" won't get you in trouble, but if they call enough, you may find yourself being pulled over by a cop who was on the lookout for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">