• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truong829

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

angela829

New YorkWhat is the name of your state? New York

In 11/2001 I got a ticket for not stop at all-way stop sign. That ticket was written in a weird way. The police officer followed me for almost a mile to pull me over while he drove the medium sedan and I drove a small compact car. I told him I did stop at that stop sign. He then gave me a ticket not to wear a seat belt with a reason that I do not get any points. I refused as I did stop at that stop sign and I did wear a seat belt. He then crossed out not wear a seat belt on the ticket and rewrote not stop at the all-way stop sign on the same ticket.

I immediately sent in a ticket with unguilty and asked for the hearing. In 5/2003, I got the notice of hearing. I went in but a court arbitrator told me to go home and wait for trial notice. Two years went by and I have not heard from them though I kept calling them numerous times. In 4/05 I mailed in a letter with return receipt requesting the trial date but I have not gotten any reply. Today 6/10/05, I called in again and asked them as to how to dismiss the not to stop at all-way stop sign ticket and being told to file a motion for dismissal due to not to have a speedy trial.

Has any one know how to file a motion for that dismissal?

Thanks. Hoa

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">