• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was pulled over the first week of January by a State Trooper. He gave me a breathalizer which read .096 . This is .004 under the legal limit in MN so he couldn't get me for drunk driving. Instead he gave me a ticket for careless driving, saying I had driven over the lines. Careless driving is a misdemeanor punishable by $700 or 70 (90?) days in jail max in that county. I have next to no money, so I plead not guilty and asked for a public defender. I filled out a form describing my financial status. The judge denied my request, so now I have no lawyer and no means to hire one. A friend of a friend of mine had the same problem and had to defend himself in court. I know nothing about court, I desperately need some advice on how to defend myself.

ALawyer

Nolo Press publishes a book on Traffic law -- read it.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">