• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Porbation Questions for Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topherb

Probation Questions for Ohio

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hey all, Im new to this site but I have a couple of questions. Ok, a while ago, I got an underage consumption. When I went to court, I was already 21 (I know, that sucks). Anyways, the judge decided to give me probation for a year, which I understand will be dismissed after 6 months of me being an honest law abiding citizen. Well, there is reporting probation, limited reporting probation (which is what I got), and inactive. Now, I do not have to submit to random tests or anything. Well, it says I dont. However, there is a box checked that says if I am suspected of doing anything like going to bars and such, then I will have to. Well, here is my question. I recently got in to a fight with some jerk that I had never really trusted anyways. He threatened to call probation and tell them he saw me drinking or at a bar or smoking pot or whatever he wants to say. I mean, is that reason for them to suspect? I really have no problem going and taking a test, but I know it takes three months max to piss clean, so I could be dirty. However, I have ceased to do any type of illegal substances while on probation, why risk it. However, I do want to go out with girls on dates and maybe have a drink or two. Can probation suspect based on a random phone call? Also, I was not given any PO or dates to meet or anything. I think I dont really have to do anything but stay outta trouble, right??. Please help me understand everything.

Thank you,
Ryan

btw.. Im a college student with over a 3.0. Would a judge put a student in jail?

Last edited:

Drinking

You seem more concerned with "can I drink" than with keeping yourself out of trouble. Your probation officer CAN act on phone tips to pee test you. Go out with girls and skip the drinks. You sound like you may need AA (no offense). YES you can go to jail in spite of being a college student.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">