• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out-of-state ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

igorek

Recently, I received a out of state speeding ticket (Radar=53mph, officer put 45mph on 35mph) This happen in Nevada, and I am registered in California. I read in one legal book that it might be a good idea not to show up and just ignore this tiket. This way, even though the order for arrest will be issued, it will not be transferred to California, and as long as I don't drive in Nevada, I am safe. IS IT TRUE? If not, please, tell me what would be my best strategy to dismiss this ticket? Thank you very much.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Bad advice about not showing up. All states share by electronic database the list of who is wanted for warrants. I'm sure you can just do some kind of community service or pay a fine and get rid of the matter. You can speak to a criminal defense attorney about this at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">