• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ND State: Disorderly Conduct charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lanthantos

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

Charge being submitted to DA's for his review "Disorderly conduct" (Class b misdemeanor, max 30 days, 1000 fine.)

Priors: Nothing in the last 3 yrs or so, 2 misdemeanors that are not for this same charge dating back about 5 yrs convicted of.

No probation currently

Basically to keep this simple i went into a local clinic after the secretary hung up on me 2 times trying to get hold of my physician. I walked in a little irratatated at her unprofesionallism and asked "are you going to contact the Dr?" (he was on vaction till Monday, this was on a thurs). She said "Im very busy cant you see that (only one guy was waiting in the lobby), thats always her response, she cant handle stress well and always complains about her job and the patients there, in fact the Dr has mentioned "firing" her in the past to me.

I explained why i was there (asking question to do w/my wife and her meds which she was almost out of and needs, and he was gone for the next 4 days) and got "Well, if he was concerned he would have took care of that." from her. I said "its nice you hung up on me etc" and "I think ill let the Dr know that when he returns, a patient has a right to tell a boss about thier employees performance and thier satisfactoin with it. At that point she YELLED at me about various things having to do w/my wifes condtion in front of the other patient in lobby, i responded with "Its nice you talk about our cases in front of ppl, thats breaking our confidentiality". Then she Yelled again, "GET OUT".

I left....imediately and silently.

Later, i find out she calls the Dr and blows the story to her advantage, lying, said i went BEHIND the reception desk (which i did not at all do, that guy is a witness to that, the other waiting patient), and really must have made me sound like a monster or something. He got angry at me of course for allegedly upsetting the environment in his clinic and filed a report w/the cops, they decided to file "Disorderly Conduct" charges on me and see if the DA would approve and submit them to the courts.

Funny, cop told me on phone "You can return to this clinic, just be on your best behavior in the future".

Questions i have:

1) what am i looking at worst case scenario/best case scenario if found guilty.

2) Do you think this will hold up? Its all based on her story at this point and ive been given no chance to tell mine really.

3) Do you think its just a "Scare tactic" from the Dr to the cops saying "oh just scare him a bit and hell mellow out , funny im allowed in the clinic still after this isnt it?

4) Do i need a lawyer, im planning on (if i get court papers i was never arrested, just told i "May" get some in the mail if the da wants to pursue this) pleading "not guilty" and asking for a Public defender if i get charged.

5) what are some typical sentences for ppl in my postion and with this crime in my state, not the max, im no harded criminal and i really dont want probation, id rather do 3 days than do probation or something.

Thanks for any feedback guys, im really worried and dont feel i really deserve this, that receptionist deserves to be fired and may be after i speak with this Dr next week and tell him my side of what happened while he was gone. She should be, there have been many complaints about her from other patients. We call her "Stressy girl" LOL

I never used bad language at her....
I never threatned her .....
I never invaded the back area of the office....
I only used a slightly tense tone of voice and a touch louder than normal when expressing myself.

Witnesses are: The receptionist (well shes the accuser i guess), the PA was in the back w/patients and could not see where i was standing, there was a wall btwn those areas, and the guy waiting on the bench to go to the back area. And my wife outside in the car watching thru the window.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">