• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TRAFFIC CONES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sandy

I got a traffic cones pattern ticket couple days ago. I know of no traffic cones law and tried to find it on the internet to no avail. The police set this up to lure people in to write tickets. Here is what happened:

I lived on Canada Rd and Canada Rd is about 1/4 mile long. There was 3 cones lined up at the beginning of Canada Rd blocking the right lane. There was a construction truck behind the cones. There was no detour sign or any workers around the truck. Farther up the road was 2 police cars and a semi truck on the right lane. There was a policeman standing on the side of the road on the left lane. The left lane is open for the oncoming traffic. I saw a truck going around the construction truck to get on Canada Rd and the policeman waved him by.
I followed the truck and the police told me to pull over and gave me a ticket. There was more than 10 cars on the side of the road getting tickets too. There was businesses place on the right side and the people came out to take pictures of what is going on. They were very upset because their clients are getting tickets. I have photos of the police set-up. The semi truck was not part of the set-up. They were getting ticket and has been there for 2 hours. This is a very misleading set-up and totally unfair. I have no idea what the cone laws is! Do I have a case and what should I do?

Thank you for this site!!! Sandy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">