• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dprssdteeninAR

Hi, my name is Brittany. I am having a lot of problems in my household with my Dad. I can't stand it here. I'm 15, and I was wondering what I could do to get out ASAP...I have a few friends that are over 18..well truthfully, I've talked to my boyfriend, who will be 19 June 28, and his brother, whom I'm not sure his age, and they both said that as soon as they get settled into a different house (they're both living in a camper behind my boyfriend's sister-in-law's mother's house) they would do what they could to get me and my little sister out of here. I don't know what to do. I'm becoming more and more depressed as the days go by. Please help!! What can I do???? :confused: :(

dprssdteeninAR

ok, the whole story is: I was adopted by my grandparents when I was 6. I had lived with them since I was 1 1/2 yrs old. My bilogical mother couldn't take care of me nor my sister, so we were adopted. My "mother"/grandmother died in 1999 of cancer. So, it's just been me, my dad, and my sister since then.

dprssdteeninAR

well for starters, in the past me and my sister have been beaten, dhs services have been called a few times but me and my sister would lie and tell the caseworkere that nothing was going on, and the whole thing would be dropped. in february of this year, me and my dad got into a fist fight. he started choking me and i bit him on his arm. he left me alone, and everything was calm..until last night. yesterday, me and my b/f went to his brothers and decided to go fourwheeler riding with him and his family. i called my dad and told him id be home around curfew (11). he told me that he was going to take my sister to the skating rink. i asked him if he wanted me and my bf to pick her up to save him a trip. he said that he didnt know, so i told him that id call around 8 to see, but that my phone was going dead and i was going to turn it off. well...me and my bf went riding and 8:00 came around. my phone wouldnt turn on, so i figured that he would get the clue to pick my sister up. 9:30 came around and i was desperately trying to turn my phone on. i banged the battery against the truck and tried cutting it on again. it gave me just enough power to recieve a call from one of my dads friends. i answered it and he told me that my dad wanted to talk to me. he got on the phone and told me that i better get my butt over there to pick my sister up. well, me and my bf high tailed it to the skating rink...it was already 10:20. we got to the skating rink and my sister had already left with a friend. well, i started getting worried and called home, and tried calling my dad. never got an answer. so me and my bf came to my house to see if she was here. the door was locked and no1 was here. i ran up and down the street trying to find someone whose phone i could use. i was walking down the street towards the house and he came down the road with my sister. we got to the house and he started hollaring at me telling me that i was grounded and my bf wasnt allowed back over here until i got off punishment. my bf stayed until we went in the house to make sure my dad didnt hit me. we got in the house and my dad was hollarin and yellin...not sure what about cuz i went to sleep....but he's basically been ignoring me all day today...thats what happened last night though.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, unfortunately, if neither of you is willing to tell the truth when your Dad is physical with you, then there's not much that the powers that be can do. The courts are not going to let you move in with your b/f. Your best bet is to call the authorities if your Dad gets physical, and tell them the truth.

You have to tell the truth if you want anything done. CPS can not see thru the lies you told them. Many teenagers don't like restrictions but those restrictions are there for a reason. If you move to another home, like foster care, you may find your boyfriend out in the cold. 15 year olds needs to be with other 15 year olds.

MAZTECINC

I tihnk that another fine point that no one else has pointed out is that you are dating a 19 yeasr old man and you are only 15 years old? Is that ilegal in your state? I know in Ca it is and does that have anything to do with the conflicts at home?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">