• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POLICE SIDED WITH WOMAN HIS RACE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blaknprud

While travelling east on a city street, another car that was on the far right turned left in front of me. I had to swerve away not to hit the car. She, however, got the right rear end of my car. When the police came she told the police she was not on the far right, but at least 6 feet from the right side of the street when she attempted to make the turn in her driveway. The police believed her and wrote his report claiming that I was at fault. He said I made an unsafe pass on the left. There were no witnesses. Just the woman word against mine. Both cars were moved from the scene of the accident to the side of the street after the accident, therefore the had to rely totally on the story we gave to form a conclusion. What procedures do I follow to challenge that police report?

ALawyer

There usually is no real purpose in challanging the police report -- it is used only for insurance purposes, and it is what the police officer believes.

If there is a lawsuit, the opinion of the police in the report is not evidence of the cause of the accident, although for settlement purposes an insurance company quite likely will conclude if that's what the police felt, a jury is more apt to feel likewise.

And saying that he believed her solely because they were both white or both black or both asian makes you sound like a bigot.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">