• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jim127

I've got a spotless driving record and have always been a safe driver before this incident, but here's my situation:
I moved from California 2.5 years ago, to Maine. Shortly before I moved, I had borrowed a friends truck and was pulled over for expired tags. Additionally, I did not have proof of insurance, so I was cited for both. My friend got his truck registered and insured, and sent proof of this. I found out the proof of ins was not accepted by a notice in the mail that my new Maine license was suspended because the CA license was suspended due to the ticket going to warrent.
I can't afford to pay the $1600 fine, or to travel back to California to clear this up.
Any less expensive alternatives would be GREATLY appreciated.
My wife is getting sick of doing the driving :)

ALawyer

I suggest that you contact a CA attorney in the location the tickets were issued, have her or him represent you and straighten the matter out. It is faster, and probably is cheaper than forcing you to fly back or try to do it by mail.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">