• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended license and warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Airedale

I want to clear up warrants and reinstate license in the State of Ca. If I appear in court will I risk being arrested. Warrants are for traffic violations and no proof of insurance.

A

aarin

I have a similar situation. I have outstanding tickets from more than a year ago. If I go to pay them off (finally) will I run the risk of being arrested?

What if I mail them in with a very nice letter?

S

simple simon

The best thing to do is hire a lawyer to appear in court for you. Court's do appreciate it when people try to clean up outstanding warrants, but to avoid the risk, hiring a lawyer to make the initial appearance and get all the dates in place means that you are not in court to be arrested. It may cost a little more, but it is worth the expense and peace of mind. It is much better than getting pulled over for some other reason, only to be hauled away for the outstanding warrants.

Good luck to both of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">