• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended or restricted license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miskyat

I was pulled over for speeding and was there told that I had a "restricted" licence which restricted my driving to employment related driving (to and from work, I suppose). The cop wrote me a ticket for, among other things, not restricted, but suspended licence. I therafter went to the Calif. DMV and was told that maybe I had not filed an SR-! form when I had had an accident in March '99. They told me to have my insurance co to call the Office of Financial Responsibility, which I did, and now my DMV records indicate that I do not have a suspended or restricted licence. I then went to the nearest police station to see if my name was still on their computer as suspended or restricted. Indirectly, I was told that it was still on the police computer and that I "should carry around my DMV printout" that shows thtat I do not have a suspended/restricted licence. Therie further advice was to wait to get everything straightened out when I go to my scheduled hearing date on the ticket (which is at least three weeks from now!). My question is: Can I, should I, try to immediately seek an injunction to get the police to conform their computer to the DMV information. I do not want to have my car impounded (or me go to jail) if I am stopped with a suspended/restricted licence!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">