• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Edward b

What is the name of your state? Oregon I was given a ticket and wanted to know when it becomes reckless driving? I was doing 89 in a 55. It was my bad for sure, but I do have a great driving record. But I also have a CLD does that change things? The fine is large should I appear, or just pay?

JETX

Edward b said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon I was given a ticket and wanted to know when it becomes reckless driving? I was doing 89 in a 55.
Yep. Reckless driving in OR is EITHER of the following:
1) Over 85 mph or
2) More than 30 mph over the posted limit.
Congratulations!!! You qualified for BOTH!!

lwpat

Speeding with CDL License

But I also have a CLD does that change things?
Absolutely! If you drive for a living this will cost you your job if you just pay the ticket. If you are an O/O your insurance company will either drop you or your premiums will go so high that you cannot afford to keep the truck.

The statute number on the ticket will determine whether he has charged you with reckless or just speeding.

In either case you want an attorney to handle this. Most states have stopped CDL drivers from taking traffic school but with an attorney that has still been an option depending on the judge and if you were in your personal vehicle. Even then it is doubtful for this speed. You must get it down to a below 15mph speeding ticket or your CDL's will be in danger of suspension.

Try the find an attorney link on this site but I doubt that anyone with CDL experience is listed. Only if no one is listed check my profile and send me a private email.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">