• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Branson Sills

This happened in Southern California. I was pulled over for speeding. While writing me a ticket, the officer also explained to me that I was driving with a restricted license, and he even showed me his computer read out. So he wrote me a ticket for driving with a restricted license. This was a real surprise to me.

The next day I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and they told me that I do not have a restricted license. NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO? Can I get a judge to order the police to correct their information? I am afraid of being pulled over again and this time they take my license!! What should I do, what court can I go to? This sounds like the gal MISKYAT from a few days ago. I hope someone answers my question (it looks like she is still waiting!)

R

Roger R

You should plead NOT GUILTY. Go to the DMV and get them to give you something confirming that your license is in full force and effect. Be nice to the person at the window and maybe she can correct the rtecords. I hope it is unlikely you are pulled over again -- if it happenss tell the police officer and keep a copy of the letter the DMV gives you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">