• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

69 in a 50....NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ch842

I got pulled over for doing 69 in a 50 mph zone.....I live in North Carolina and am 16....I have no previous tickets.....

I know i need to tell my parents and will soon but first I would like to know what is probably going to happen in court and how and if i can get the ticket reduced and not have a jump in my parents insurance.....the only thing im really worried about is insurance.....i would also like to know if hiring an attorney is the best idea or what??.......please give me some feedback as it would be greatly appreciated

You are looking at 2 insurance points if convicted which is a 45% increase in your insurance the next 3 years. The judge probably will not be sympathetic given your age and will want to make sure you learned a lesson.

A lawyer has the best chance of helping you avoid that increase.

See this link for more NC info...

You need to be especially careful now.

ch842

Thank you for your response.....I can only hope that the judge helps me out.....I have definitely learned my lesson and havent sped at all since the ticket and dont plan on ever speeding again......Is there any way to get a reduction in the speed or take the driving class??......Also what about the prayer for judgement thing?.......Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">