• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there a way to force a partner to sell her 1/2 of the business before we go under?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akpkmk

(TEXAS) I own a lease salon along with another stylist. She refuses my offer to buy her out. She is very controlling and treats the stylists who leases from us as if they are employees. 5 out of 11 leasee's have come to me and offered to throw in $2000. to get her out , if she stays they are leaving the salon to go elsewhere. So far I have spent $5200. in legal fees. Can I force her to sell? She is hurting the business and our reputation. She refuses to speak to me. She thinks I am the problem because I will not write her a letter or e-mail her. Why should I ? We are in the same building and can communicate verbally!! Last week she told 2 of our stylists that she didn't care if the shop closed down , She also told them she didn't care what happens to them, And maybe they should look for another place. Our rent And bills can't be paid without their without their lease money . They are angry at me , the shop is filthy. I have been out for one month with a broken foot, I kept the shop clean, my partner only keeps the room she works out of clean . they want to stay and work together in this shop , what can I do? we have a LLC (just the 2 of us) IF everyone leaves because of her - my business is ruined! Can I force her to sell !! do I need the leesee's to put something in writhing? Please help!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">