• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance Coverage Timing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michael12345

What is the name of your state? California

I am quitting my job. My company is right under 20 employees, so there is no COBRA avail (I would not trust them even if it were).

My last day is slated to be July 1st. My question is what is the law regarding health coverage. My understanding is that it is a "month at a time". Will my employer have to pay for my July coverage since I worked there one day in july?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

michael12345 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I am quitting my job. My company is right under 20 employees, so there is no COBRA avail (I would not trust them even if it were).

My last day is slated to be July 1st. My question is what is the law regarding health coverage. My understanding is that it is a "month at a time". Will my employer have to pay for my July coverage since I worked there one day in july?

My response:

Why are you writing in the "Homeowner's Insurance" forum?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">