• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police have wrong info on computer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jack wiils

state: California

I was pulled over for speeding and the cop told me my license was restricted. He then wrote a ticket saying my license was suspended. I went to the Dept of Motor Vehicles and they said that I do not have either a retricted or suspendsed licence. The DMV printout I was given shoes that my license was suspended for 1 day and then set aside that same day. Apparently the police have only partial information. What can I do to make sure the police computer information matches the DMV information.? Should I seek an injunction? What court should I go to. I feel confident the court will dismiss the ticket, but I am concerned that the police computer info will stay on there. HELP! Sjhould I hire an attorney?

ALawyer

Go back to DMV and get a full printout and if you are stopped again you can show it to the police.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">