• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IN Driver with a 82 in a 55 in North Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomlryde

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana. Doing 82 in a 55 in NC
My Son got a speeding ticket in North Carolina going 82 in a 55. He is form Indiana. He was cited for speeding and wreckless driving. He has a court date of the end of August. The officer did not sign the ticket. Nor did he ask my son to sign the ticket. Is this grounds for dismissal? if not, is it possible to plea bargain his case before the judge or procecuting attorney? what are the possible fines?
Thanks

Curt581

tomlryde said:
My Son got a speeding ticket in North Carolina going 82 in a 55. He is form Indiana. He was cited for speeding and wreckless driving. He has a court date of the end of August. The officer did not sign the ticket. Nor did he ask my son to sign the ticket. Is this grounds for dismissal?
Nope.
if not, is it possible to plea bargain his case before the judge or procecuting attorney?
Sure. Most courts are willing to deal on minor traffic violations. If the Reckless charge is a misdemeanor crime in NC, they might less willing.
what are the possible fines?
Call the Clerk of Courts in the issuing jurisdiction.

Tickets are not signed in NC.

You will be receiving many offers to help from lawyers in NC. They may be able to plead this down to a 9 over. Cost will probably be between $350 to $1,500 depending on his record and the exact charges.

They normally do not add the wreckless charge to speeding in NC (especially State Troopers) so there may be more to the story.

Fine will be $100 plus about $50 in court costs for speeding, not sure about the reckless. The real cost is when it hits his insurance.

82 in a 55 risks a suspension in NC (and a misdemeanor) but it may not apply to your state. You need to check with your states DMV to see what happens when this is reported back.

NC Trafficpoints

"If you have an out of state license and commit an offense which is suspendible or revocable in North Carolina, the NC DMV cannot suspend you driver's license but can suspend or revoke your privilege to drive in North Carolina. They will also notify your licensee state which may take additional action. "

tomlryde

What is a misdemeanor?

State of Indiana
The reckless driving is a class 2 misdemeanor in NC. what does that mean? what are the possible consequences?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">