• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession because alcohol was in my veins?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devendra

I’m an 18 year old who was wrote up in Fairfax VA. I was curious as to the penalty that will most likely be imposed on me, and if there is anything I can do. I was charged for underage possession of alcohol on a college campus while trying to report an attempted mugging to the campus police. I blew only a .06 but photographs were taken of my injured hand which was a result of my escape from the assailant. I also had no alcohol on me and yet was charged with possession which is from my understanding a more serious charge. I have no priors, not even a traffic violation.

campus drinking

Do you understand that you could be kicked out of school for drinking on campus, that is, if you are a student there? Check the school catalog to see if this is a possibilty. This is a lesser crime, a fine or probation most likely. Ask to have the case retired (they do not prosecute you unless you get into trouble within one year. If you do get into trouble, they will go back and prosecute you).

Curt581

possession because alcohol was in my veins?
Your veins.

Your blood.

Your beer.

Kind of hard to say it wasn't yours. Or were you just holding it for somebody else?

How were they going to reclaim it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">