• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nc Truck Driver Violation In Sc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrash

What is the name of your state? NC

I am a truck driver licensed in the state of NC. I received a citation in SC for improper backing. I was in a parking lot backing into the street. I checked that all the cars had passed and started backing and a lady came up while I was backing and ran into me. The ticket carries 2 points in SC. Does it carry any points on my NC license? Also is it possible that I could get it removed or thrown out with an attorney? I am in the process of buying my own truck and I do not want this to affect my insurance or my chances at contracting out. Help :(

lwpat

All traffic tickets received by a CDL driver are now entered on your record regardless of any other policy your state may have. You cannot talk to the judge prior to your first court appearance which is just an arraignment.

An attorney can likely get the citation reduced to an improper equipment or something that will not show. You are correct in realizing the necessity of keeping any tickets off your record. Depending on the statute this could be listed as a serious CDL violation that would put you in danger of a suspension. Improper backing is not one of them so if that is the charge it is just a normal ticket.

For more information on how the courts work in South Carolina:

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com/South-Carolina-speeding-ticket.html

If you were already in the street then it would seem that she was at fault. You also need to contest the at fault accident report which will be listed on your MVR since that will hurt your insurance rates just as much as the ticket. Based on past experience you will need an attorney to dispute it with the South Carolina DMV. Of course you have to get the ticket dismissed first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">