• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1180d 80 in a 65 NYS I-90 west. Was not going that fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teaches08

What is the name of your state? New York

I was traveling on I-90 West on my way back to college. I had to take my grandfather to the hospital and have his blood thinned. My grandfather lives 2 hrs away from college. I was traveling back on my way to a Final Exam when i was pulled over and given a ticket for 80 in a 65. I was not going 80 MPH. I was traveling at 72 MPH. I told the trooper my speed and said i was heading back to college for my exam when he asked these questions. He went back to his car and wrote me this ticket. I did not have time to further my case. As i repeat i was going 72 and not 80. Is there any way that i could get this reduced. I could not afford a ticket for 15 over. (insurance wise.) Thank you

Shay-Pari'e

teaches08 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I was traveling on I-90 West on my way back to college. I had to take my grandfather to the hospital and have his blood thinned. My grandfather lives 2 hrs away from college. I was traveling back on my way to a Final Exam when i was pulled over and given a ticket for 80 in a 65. I was not going 80 MPH. I was traveling at 72 MPH. I told the trooper my speed and said i was heading back to college for my exam when he asked these questions. He went back to his car and wrote me this ticket. I did not have time to further my case. As i repeat i was going 72 and not 80. Is there any way that i could get this reduced. I could not afford a ticket for 15 over. (insurance wise.) Thank you
Sure, Just show up in court and tell them the same story you stated here.

qcxlvr1

I'm sure the ticket is returnable to a small village/town court that is just interested in revenue. Plead not guilty and they will be more than pleased to reduce it to a parking violation and take your money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">