• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TRAFFICE FINE DISCREPANCY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nsl1

I received summons for not wearing seatbelt in NJ. According to NJ Traffice Statute the fine can be not more than $ 20. Yet, ticket lists this fine as $ 42. I called the court to clarify, but you all may know courts clerks are not very bright, and could bot give me any good explanations. Anyone can shed some light on this issue?

Most courts add administrative costs, which can add to more than the original fine- if you were in fact not wearing a belt, maybe paying the $42, and moving on would be the best thing to do. Consider the time spent in going to court, where most judges have an underlying prejudice toward the police. It's a popular citation, keeps you in one piece, too.

M

mk

Hey, 1692 or whatever. Sounds like you are one of those court clerks nsl1 was referring to. "Pay the fine and move on" What kind of attitude is that? I always go to court regardless of the ticket and fight for my rights. And, sorry NSL1, I do not know answer to your question, but try NJ Motor Vehicle, may be they can tell you the answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">