• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

don't think you know someone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrongedone

What is the name of your state?ca
my "ex" boyfriend has given me an std. after being with him over a year it showed up.i was freaked. then he finally admitted to having it. i had no idea. he said he had "moles" when i asked what was wrong with him. i have asked for payment of dr. visits and medicine. he refuses. i have no health insurance and the medicine is very expensive. the condition can be alleviated, but not cured. can i sue for pain and suffering mentally and physically? he has wrecked my life and a future with anyone else. i paid for the dr. visit and he said he'd repay me for that but hasn't so far. i can't afford anything else. i have emails showing he knew, he has it and he didn't tell me.

matti422

This might sound crazy, but you may be able to sue him for battery, as your consent to sexual relations were premised on fraudulent information - i.e., that he was free from STDs. Who knows if you would win anything - there would be a lot of questions asked about what did and did not influence your decisions to be intimate with him - but it's not unheard of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">