• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket Information and Bridge Patrol Question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike_97669

What is the name of your state? PA

I have a couple of questions here. First, in PA does anyone know what the jurisdiction is for Bridge Police? I got pulled over by Bridge Police after I was off the Ben Franklin bridge. Is there a limit as to how far off the bridge they can pull you over? I was off the bridge when the violation happened.

My second question is about information errors. I know there have been a ton of posts about this, but I haven't seen anything on this directly, and I'd like an opinion. In the remarks section of the citation, the officer states I was driving in the shoulder, improperly passing on the left when I came up behind his stopped car. This is wrong. He actually drove by me on the shoulder, and I did get into the shoulder behind him in order to make a left turn that was coming up shortly. I was not driving extensively in the shoulder, and he only stopped once he saw me pull behind him. My question is does he have a right to drive in the shoulder with no lights on? Also as I said, he is twisting the story a little bit. Is there leeway with time of being in the shoulder? If anyone is familiar with the Ben Franklin Bridge, the two left lanes exit, then shortly off the bridge, a third turn lane opens. The other 2 are usually backed up, so at a point close to the left turn lane, many people cut the shoulder and get in to the turn lane, avoiding the traffic in the other lanes. I also asked him a question when he handed me the ticket, he looked at me and yelled that I refused to sign the ticket, put "refused/argued" on the ticket when all I wanted was a question answered. He wasn't a happy camper.

Plus, and I've seen this before, he put my old address, and mis-spelled my last name on the ticket. So all in all, does anyone know if I have anything, either on him being out of his jurisdiction, not being totally truthful in his remarks, although i was in the shoulder at one point, and having my wrong contact info? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Bravo8

I don't know specifically, but I would assume that they are commissioned by the State, giving them authority State-wide. However, I have only ever seen their vehicles with NJ registration, so I don't know if they have authority in both states (although I would *think* they would).

What specifically were you charged with? You are permitted to drive in the shoulder when preparing to make a turn to avoid stopped traffic if you do not leave the roadway surface.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">