• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended dr's L

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elletse

My husband has had a suspended dr's lisence since 1992. At first it got suspended due to driving on an expired lisence. Then throughout that year he got 2 more tickets for driving under suspention(idiocies of youth). In 93' he got in a DUI accident (only his vehicle) and was charged like a second offender he did a weekend in jail and recieved a $1000.00 fine also suspension of his lisence for 1 full year. After that year he never received a notice to get his lisence back and assumed it was re-enstated after the year was up he then recieved another 2 tickets for driving under suspension(none of these were DUI related just traffic violations) Finally last year in April he was pulled over for a turn signal offense and was issued a ticket again this time he had to appear in court with a Lawyer and there was a jail sentence of 90days with a $1000.00 fine possible because they wanted to charge him with driving under suspension Dui related, some new law in PA, anyway the Lawyer got them to take the DUI related off the charge as they never charged him with that before in any of his other tickets. He was only charged with a habitual offender charge but he had to serve 75 days in jail and pay a $500.00 fine. Now it has been almost a full year since his last violation and we spoke to a Lawyer about him getting his dr's liscence back(but only for work) and the Lawyer claims he can get it back but we have to pay him a $250.00 fee to process all the paper work. My question is would it even be possible for this Lawyer to help my Husband or is it just wishful thinking? we live in PA.

T

Tracey

Gee, the last 2 times he didn't do the paperwork and assumed his license was automatically reinstated, he had to pay $1500 and go to jail for 75 days. $250 to avoid the next fine and jail sentence seems like a bargain to me!

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracey:
Gee, the last 2 times he didn't do the paperwork and assumed his license was automatically reinstated, he had to pay $1500 and go to jail for 75 days. $250 to avoid the next fine and jail sentence seems like a bargain to me!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Wow ! It's been "almost a full year" since his last violation? Sounds to me like he's completely rehabilitated. Why does he want to spend money on regaining his license? He's never needed it before? You know, if your husband appeared before me, I would look at him straight in the eyes, and stare him down, until he'd finally say, "Nevermind, your honor."

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">