• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sanford1

I live in North Carolina.
I received a ticket fo traveling 68 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. I passed the officer, saw no "blue lights" turned off the road and drove into a subdivision. I did not drive recklessly. After a short time I drove out of the subdivision, and the officer stopped me and issued the ticket. He was not behind me when I pulled in the subdivision or driving in the immediate area when I pulled out.
My question is "Can the officer ticket me after losing sight of the supposed offender?" Or is it just my word against his?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sanford1:
I live in North Carolina.
I received a ticket fo traveling 68 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. I passed the officer, saw no "blue lights" turned off the road and drove into a subdivision. I did not drive recklessly. After a short time I drove out of the subdivision, and the officer stopped me and issued the ticket. He was not behind me when I pulled in the subdivision or driving in the immediate area when I pulled out.
My question is "Can the officer ticket me after losing sight of the supposed offender?" Or is it just my word against his?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

And you really believe that driving nearly 70 mph in a 45 mph zone is not driving recklessly? "Recklessly" DOES NOT mean that you have to be swerving all over the place, or driving up on sidewalks, or skidding around corners. It means that they made that speed limit for a reason - - conditions of the road, or that children might "dart out" into the street, or some other good reason. All because you drove out of the "line of sight" of the officer, doesn't mean "Kings X" or it doesn't count if your fingers are crossed. Take responsibility for yourself. The cop saw someone breaking the law, and he remembered later that it was you that he saw doing just that. Driving is not a "right." It's a privilege.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

S

sanford1

If I may, here are the parameters of the incident:
I was traveling on a four lane divided highway with "grassy" median.
The speed limit in the area decreased from 55MPH to 45MPH.
I was traveling in the right hand lane with a large group of cars overtaking me.
I was not cited for "reckless driving" or "attempt to elude".
I do not believe that I was traveling at that speed and that his radar "locked" on the vehicles behind me.
It was more than "line of sight", the time elapsed was more than 5 minutes after I entered the subdivision.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

And you really believe that driving nearly 70 mph in a 45 mph zone is not driving recklessly? "Recklessly" DOES NOT mean that you have to be swerving all over the place, or driving up on sidewalks, or skidding around corners. It means that they made that speed limit for a reason - - conditions of the road, or that children might "dart out" into the street, or some other good reason. All because you drove out of the "line of sight" of the officer, doesn't mean "Kings X" or it doesn't count if your fingers are crossed. Take responsibility for yourself. The cop saw someone breaking the law, and he remembered later that it was you that he saw doing just that. Driving is not a "right." It's a privilege.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">