• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

license suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

troubled

My husband, an over the road truck driver, was involved in a minor accident in N.Y. When the officer ran his license it came up that his license was suspended in N.Y. It appears that he was issued tickets in May 1997: one for air brakes violations and one for expired H.U.T. permit. We had no knowledge of either ticket. Nothing was ever sent to us; no ticket, no suspension notice--nothing!!! There is no signature on the tickets(from my husband) and we never signed for a certified letter or anything in the mail. We obtained copies of the tickets from the court, but nothing look familiar. They do have the proper licence information on my husband; but we are not even sure how they got that. My husband has to appear in court this week. Is there anyway to prove that we never received notice of these violations? Also, on the top of the traffic tickets, it say's simplified traffic information not traffic citation or ticket.

God, this happens to a lot of drivers- Company man, or O/O? I had the same situation come up with friends, I think the
Nonresident Violators Compact should have covered this, Can I post www.truckerlaywers.com here?
I'd like to see IAAL's answer, it would answer for me too.

oops- WWW.truckerlawyers.com.

I've seen license information (stolen) on two people in the same company- was training for U.S.EXP and got a 'student' with all the info for a friend, tokk until the first pay check to catch him.. doesn't help you, but..... Good Luck. Drivers have it hard enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">