• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling CDs for charity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

larsman138

What is the name of your state? Washington (not DC)

What I basically want to do is make a collaboration CD of local musicians to sell with proceeds going to a charity. None of the musicians are signed to any labels nor are they professionals of any sort. I was wondering if I can just do this willy nilly, or if I need to have some sort of business license or anything first. I was hoping to take donations from local companies for CD duplication, CD design, web design, etc. Thanks for any help..

racer72

You will require permission from everyone that performs for the CD. I would suggest talking to a local attorney about a release that the performers could sign. The attorney may even donate his services for your charity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">